For 27 years the crew at Hennessy Performance has hot rodded factory vehicles to impressive levels. To commemorate its 10,000th vehicle, however, the company chose to launch a limited run of Mustangs. And, who are we to argue about the arrival of 19 808-horsepower 2019 HPE Heritage Edition Mustangs?
This is one of the most beautiful Mustang we’ve ever built… — John Hennessey, Hennessey Performance
“We are very grateful to our customers, team members, dealers, family and friends who’ve shared and supported our passion for building powerful, fast, fun vehicles for the past 27 years,” John Hennessey, company founder and CEO, said. “This is an exciting time for the company and we look forward to building the next 10,000 Hennessey cars and trucks in the years to come.”
Hennessy Performance is set to create a limited run of Heritage Edition 2019 Mustangs that deliver 808 horsepower courtesy of a 3.0-liter Whipple Gen 5 supercharger system under the hood. (Photo Credit: Hennessy Performance)
Of course nearly 20 of those are set to become 2019 Mustang Heritage Editions sporting WhippleGen 5 3.0-liter supercharger under the hood and a host of other upgrades. Those upgrades include an upgrade fuel system, carbon-fiber body bits, and optional brake upgrades. What really sets the car apart, however, is its styling.
“We love the design and livery of the 2018 Ford GT Heritage Edition supercar that we took delivery of earlier this year. We thought that this look on our specially tuned Hennessey Mustang would also be very appropriate and a great way to celebrate our 10,000th build,” John added. “This is one of the most beautiful Mustang we’ve ever built, and it has the power and performance to match its gorgeous looks.”
The inspiration for this run of 19 Heritage Edition Mustangs is none other than the Heritage Edition of the 2018 Ford GT supercar, so it’s a mash-up of Mustang and supercar that really works.
The Heritage Editions are only available in Race Red with the graphics package you see here, but buyers can opt for a six-speed manual transmission or 10-speed automatic transmission. Each vehicle will carry a three-year, 36,000-mile warranty on the upgrades and the Ford warranty will remain for the unaltered facets of the car. They are available from Sterling McCall Ford in Houston, Texas, and Brown Lee Ford in Nashville, Tennessee, starting at $89,500.
2019 HPE Heritage Edition Mustang Features
• 808 horsepower at 7,200 RPM
• 677 lb-ft of torque at 4,500 RPM
• 0-60 mph: 3.3 seconds
• Quarter-mile: < 10.7 seconds at 132 MPH
• Top speed: 200 MPH
• 3.0-liter supercharger system
• Air-to-water intercooler system
• Upgraded fuel injectors and fuel pump
• High-flow air induction system
• Chassis dyno calibration
• Special exterior graphics package
• CarbonAero front carbon fiber splitter
• CarbonAero carbon fiber side sills
• CarbonAero rear spoiler with Gurney lip
• Cat-back stainless steel exhaust system
• 20-inch alloy wheels
• Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires
• Lowered suspension system
• Brembo six-piston calipers with 15.1-inch front rotors (optional)
• Brembo four-piston calipers with 15.1-inch rotors rear (optional)
• Hennessey-embroidered headrests
• Serial-numbered dash plaque and engine plaque, 1 of 19