ROUSH Performance and Ford Performance continued their long-standing power partnership by announcing a new, state-of-the-art supercharger kit for the 2018 Mustang GT and 2018 Ford F-150 vehicles powered by the dual-fuel Coyote 5.0-liter.
“Our teams collaborated to create the most highly-engineered, highly-tested, and highly-performing supercharger kit on the market,” Jack Roush, chairman of the board of directors for ROUSH Performance, said. “The combination of the 2018 5.0-liter engine and our all-new, fully integrated 2650 supercharger system yields simply incredible, no-compromise performance.”
This 2018 supercharger is rated at 700 horsepower and 610 lb-ft of torque for the Ford Mustang GT and 640 horsepower and 600 lb-ft of torque for Ford F-150. The kit comes with all installation hardware and exclusive performance calibration.
2650 Supercharger Highlights
• 2650 Twin Vortices Series Supercharger features new four-lobe rotors and high-flow inlet and outlet ports that greatly enhance thermal efficiency, enabling greater volumetric capacity at higher RPM
• Lower intake manifold, 87mm throttle body, and air inlet system
• Complete air-to-liquid intercooler system includes pump, heat exchanger, and reservoir
• Six-rib supercharger FEAD drive system
• Cloud-based calibration flash delivery system
• The supercharger kit is warrantied when installed by Ford dealers or authorized distributors
Thesuperchargerkit is specially designed to work with the 5.0-liter V8’s new dual-fuel system, which combines port and direct injection.
The kit is designed for all 2018 Mustang GTs — manual or automatic transmissions — and is rated at 700 horsepower and 610 lb-ft of torque at 12 psi of boost on 93 octane fuel.
When installed on the new 2018 F-150, it provides 640 horsepower and 600 lb-ft.
“When you combine the efforts and expertise of two of the most respected names in racing and performance, you get a supercharger unmatched by any product on the market,” Doug White, Global Performance Parts Manager, Ford Performance, said.
The new ROUSH/Ford Performance 2650 supercharger kit is currently on display at the SEMA show in Las Vegas, Nevada, and will be available in early 2018.