One of our favorite project cars is our 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 dubbed Wild E. Coyote. We have completed our first set of bolt-ons, with an Airaid intake and SCT tuner. This time we are installing an entire new exhaust system onto Wild E. Coyote from JPC Racing. The new exhaust system includes full JPC 304 stainless long tube headers, catted X-pipe, over axle tubes, and axle back exhaust.
One of the best features about this JPC exhaust system is that the system is completely modular and you can use any of them along with the factory components already on your ’11-’12 GT. That means you can start with any one of the components we are installing today, and then install the other components later as your time and budget allows. All of the components are also built right here in the USA.
JPC Racing’s owner Justin Burcham explained, “All of our exhaust components are built right here in Maryland just for JPC. The main benefits with our modular system design was to be different than other manufacturers out there. We want our customers to be able to buy one piece of this system at a time, whereas some other manufactures design their exhaust components to only work with their parts, making the initial purchase more costly. Our system will work with all factory components.”
How modular is the JPC exhaust system? The JPC headers will work with the factory H-pipe for instance. The JPC off road X-pipe will work as a replacement for the factory H-pipe. You can even use the JPC over-axle pipes with the factory H-pipe and mufflers if wanted. Though the only difference is that the catted X-Pipe we are using will only work with the JPC headers only because you would be installing an additional set of catalytic converters if you use the catted X-pipe with the factory headers. The components are also extremely well made with 304 stainless steel as well as super tight and precise hand TIG welds that use virtually no wire filler.
The first thing we did was to get ready for the install was to unpack and inspect all of the hardware that we would be installing today. The JPC full exhaust system looks the business for sure and the parts are very well made with nice welds and excellent fit and finish. We particularly liked the polished stainless steel mufflers adding a bit of show to go with the new power and sound. All you have to do is look at the new exhaust components next to the factory gear to see how much more well built the JPC hardware is. Check out the gallery for more photos of the hardware we are installing today.
Before and After Sound Comparison of the JPC Exhaust on our 2011 GT!
JPC Racing 2011-2012 Mustang GT 5.0 Stainless Steel Long Tube Headers # 011LTSS
• Fits auto or manual
• 304 Stainless steel, 18 gauge tubing with stainless laser cut flanges
• Megaphone 3-inch spike merge type collector w/spike
• 1 ¾-inch primaries – 1 7/8-inch coming soon
• Uses factory header studs with ball and socket connection at H-pipe, uses factory exhaust clamps
JPC Racing 2011-2012 Mustang GT Stainless Steel Hi Flow Catted X Pipe #011XPSS
• 304 Stainless Steel Hi-Flow Catted X-Pipe
• Converters are Metallic spun cats stainless 200 cell count
• Uses factory type ball and socket connection, uses factory exhaust clamps
• Will not work with any other manufactures headers
• 2 ¾-inch diameter mandrel bent
• Off-road X-pipe will work in replacement of Factory H-pipe
JPC Mandrel Bent Over the Axle Pipes for 2011-2012 GT 5.0 #011OverAxle
• 304 18 Gauge Stainless steel, 2 ¾-inch diameter
• Mandrel bent design-eliminates factory kinks and resonators, increases exhaust flow
• Uses factory type ball and socket connection at muffler, uses factory exhaust clamps
• Uses factory connection at H-pipe/X-pipe
• Will work with factory or factory replacement mufflers
• Will work with Factory H-pipe
JPC Racing 2011-2012 Mustang GT/GT500 Axle Back : Polished Stainless Steel #011AxleBack
• 304 18 gauge Stainless steel design, 3-inch Internal Sized Muffler
• 4-inch slash cut double wall tip
• Factory replacement muffler, will work with Stock or JPC over axle pipes
• Straight through design for more exhaust flow
• Works with all factory hangers/clamps and hardware
Mustang fanatics will generally agree that power is the most important when it comes to headers and exhaust work. Right after power sound is a big consideration too. There are three main aspects about the JPC exhaust that makes it highly desirable. First, is that the whole system is designed by a company that primarily works on late model Mustangs, with extreme attention to detail put into the design of the system for ease of install and optimal functionality. Secondly is the quality of craftsmanship. JPC uses very high quality 304 stainless steel and every single welded joint is perfect and free of slag. Lastly, the modular design makes it affordable for people on a budget, as they can build out the exhaust system as money allows. Oh, and I guess there is one more… the very considerable power gains!