To achieve the Lightning Series gears, US Gear applies an Isotropic Super Finishing process, which uses mechanical and chemical treatments to deliver the following benefits:
• Eliminates break-in
• Reduces friction and wear
• Increases part durability
• Reduces lubrication requirements and cost
• Improves corrosion resistance
• Improves oil retention properties
• Reduces contact and bending fatigue
• Improves pitting resistance
• Reduces vibration and noise
• Minimizes overheating
While the 4.09:1 gear set is exclusive to FPP, US Gear will also offer two other ratios for the Super 8.8 — 3.73:1 and 3.91:1. All three of these gearsets will be offered in a standard finish or the optional Lightning Series superfinish (see sidebar).
For more on these Super 8.8 gear sets, check out the company site here.
Continue reading on...
This article is published on FordNXT.com
Click below to continue reading the full article.
< Click Here >