SEMA 2011: Miller Electric’s 211 Auto-set Great At Home Or The Track
The 211 is perfect for the home hobby enthusiast or motorsports guy that doesn’t necessarily have 220 in their home
But for the home hobby enthusiast and average garage “guru” what affordable options are there? Well at the 2011 SEMA Show we ran into Miller Welders and their Millermatic 211 Auto-Set with MVP that is a affordable entry level option for someone looking to get their first and dependable welder.
The 211 has has many features that makes it ideal for the car enthusiasts, but one of the best features it the Multi-voltage plug. The plug can be changed to work with standard 110 wiring or 220 by simply changing the plug fitting.
“The 211 is perfect for the home hobby enthusiast or motorsports guy that doesn’t necessarily have 220 in their home,” says Erica Turner. “The other thing to remember is the fact that most tracks don’t have 220 if something goes wrong at the dragstrip or speedway.”
The 211 retails for just over $1,000 and can can weld up to 3/8″ steel and aluminum. The auto-set feature also allows for the beginner to set their size of metal and wire size, and then have the machine determine all the other settings for you.
The Millermatic comes complete with all of the following:
- Power source
- 6 ft (1.8 m) power cord and MVP plugs
- 10 ft (3 m) M-100 MIG gun and cable assembly 10 ft (3 m) work cable and clamp
- Smith® Argon and AR/CO2 mix regulator/flow gauge with hose
- Spool of Hobart® .030 in (0.8 mm) solid wire
- Two contact tips for .030 in (0.8 mm) wire and two contact tips for .035 in (0.9 mm) wire
- Dual-groove quick-change drive roll for .024 in (0.6 mm) or .030/.035 in (0.8/0.9 mm) wire
- Factory-installed gas solenoid valve
- Set-up and operation CD
- Information/settings chart
- Material thickness gauge #229 895
Make sure you check out MillerWelds.com for more information on this impressive welder.