The 2003-2004 Ford Mustang Cobra enjoys one of the most loyal following among Mustang owners. With plenty of raw, untapped power lurking under the hood, it’s a wonder they were street legal – but let’s be honest. While simple bolt-ons can entertain you for a little while, sooner or later you’re going to want some extra boost. VMP Superchargers’ has taken the same technology packeged in the 2013 GT500, and designed a kit that fit ever popular Terminator Mustangs for just that reason.
The VMP 2.3L TVS Supercharger upgrade is a direct replacement for the factory Eaton M112 Supercharger on the 2003-2004 “Terminator” Mustang Cobra. It was designed from OEM CAD data to fit perfectly and clear the stock hood.
The VMP TVS is the first aftermarket supercharger housing made specifically to fit the Cobra. It is a one piece housing with a side inlet like the factory supercharger. The one piece design makes for a very rigid housing, allows for a larger rear inlet, decreases the chance of vacuum leaks, and makes installation easier.
With the VMP TVS you get the reliability of an Eaton blower and the performance of the TVS rotorpack design. The Twin-Vortices-Series compressor has proven itself to be highly efficient over a wide operating range of 10-22+psi. It is a high twist symetrical 4-lobe rotor design with excellent adiabatic effiency. TVS technology is used on the 2013 GT500, ZR1 Corvette, and ZL1 Camaro.
- Direct replacement for stock supercharger
- Gains of 100-350RWHP depending on pulley size & boost level
- 1 year warranty provided by VMP
- Proven Eaton reliability: 100,000 mile service interval
- Pre-filled with oil
- Intercooler bolts directly to bottom of blower
- Side inlet for easy access to fuel rails
- Side inlet allows use of different throttle body styles
- Vacuum line connections and T-MAP in factory locations
- Large 45MM bypass-valve for cooler operation, improved driveably, and greater fuel efficiency
- Removes EGR system and boost dump valve for a cleaner look and better performance