New from Borla – the XR-1 tuner. This device is a plug-in module that offers increased power and torque in the 2.3-liter EcoBoost Mustang, and will soon be available for other applications as well. See more details below.
BORLA® Performance Industries is embarking on an entirely new product line with the XR-1® Tuner. Designed as a plug-in module for racing use only, it can be plugged in at the track and disconnected for the drive home.
XR-1 Tuner will be available for a constantly expanding range of vehicles throughout 2017, debuting at SEMA for the 2015-2017 Ford Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost. The four-cylinder turbocharged engine will benefit from the performance software in the XR-1 Tuner, which allows the engine to produce more power and torque.
- Simple DIY plug ’n play installation
- Kits include XR-1 Tuner, model-specific stainless steel mounting brackets, wiring harness and easy-to-follow instruction sheet
- First applications designed for Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost
- Many more applications to follow in 2017 and beyond
- Increases power and torque up to 40hp and 70 lb/ft on Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost
- XR-1 Tuner can be quickly connected at the track and disconnected for the street
- Stealth design leaves no trace on vehicle data recordings and is not affected by dealer ECU updates
- Intended for racing use only