As a precursor to its full order guide, Ford released an Order Guide Companion for 2018 models, which recently hit the Mustang forums. (Photo Credit: Ford Motor Company)
As the excitement for celebrating Independence Day builds, there is also some news to build your anticipation for the forthcoming 2018 Mustang. Recently, Ford’s Order Guide Companion for 2018 models hit the forum circuit and it gives us a clearer picture of the new packages available on the refreshed S550, including the new EcoBoost Performance and Carbon Sport Interior Packages.
Here’s an overview of what’s included in the packages as outlined by the Order Guide Companion…
• EcoBoost Premium Pony Package (54P):Bright pony grille; 19×8.5 aluminum wheels; graphic side stripes in white or ebony; Tri-bar Pony badge; and Pony floor mats.
• EcoBoost Wheel & Stripe Package (60W):18×8.5-inch, machined-face aluminum wheels with Dark Tarnished painted pockets and graphic side stripes in ebony or silver.
• EcoBoost Performance Package (67E):19×9-inch, low-gloss, Ebony Black-painted aluminum wheels; performance rear wing (Fastback-only); engine-spun aluminum instrument panel; gauge pack with oil pressure and vacuum; larger radiator; larger rear sway bar; and a strut-tower brace, plus unique chassis, stability control, EPAS and ABS tuning.
As a certified carbon-fiber junkie, your scribe is ready to order a 2018 Mustang just to have this Carbon Sport Interior Package (68C).
• Mustang GT Performance Package (67G): Unique front splitter, staggered (19×9 f and 19×9.5 r) Ebony Black-painted aluminum wheels; 255/40-R19 front summer tires; 275/40-R19 rear summer tires; Brembo six-piston front rotors; performance rear wing (Fastback-only); larger radiator; larger rear sway bar; strut-tower brace; and heavy-duty front springs; plus unique chassis; stability control; EPAS and ABS tuning.
• Black Accent Package (60B):18×8.5-inch, Ebony Black-painted aluminum wheels; black raised-blade-style rear deck spoiler; and black badges.
• Carbon Sport Interior Package (68C):Carbon fiber instrument panel; carbon fiber shift knob; ebony leather-trimmed seats with Alcantara inserts; and Alcantara door inserts.
The companion also reveals that you can order Pony-logo’d floor liners for your Mustang or a full, Shelby-emblazoned car cover for your GT350. We can’t wait to see what the full order guide will reveal, including the pricing. That document should be hitting dealers in a matter of weeks, and the Internet seconds later, so start studying the companion pages in the gallery below and get ready place your order if you are an early adopter-type.