PRI 2011: Stainless Steel Brakes Adds Front Drag Brakes, Billet Hub
It’s all about lightweight now-a-days. Not only are people concerned about saving weight on their race cars, but also street cars as well. Stainless Steel Brakes has introduced a new line of Competition front brakes (to compliment their race rear brake kits) designed for performance street vehicles, as well as full race cars.
Optioned with a plate rotor (race) or traditional cross drilled and slotted vented rotor, SSBC’s brake kit features their ultra light 4 piston calipers with stainless steel pistons. The calipers save 14 pounds of unsprung weight versus a traditional iron caliper. Best of all. these fit directly to your stock caliper mounts on the vehicle’s spindles or SSBC 2-inch drop spindles.
The quick change brake pads are held in place with a cotter pin and take only a few seconds to replace. When it comes to the brake pads, there aren’t any special pads required for this kit, an off-the-shelf D43 pad can be purchased in a street or race compound from most popular parts stores.
SSBC also has released their new billet aluminum hub kit for early model vehicles. The two piece design saves a ton of weight and affixes the hub directly to the star-patterned rotors. These hubs are a direct bolt on for popular GM and Mopar front ends and features a zero offset hub and rotor assembly.
- Includes Race 4 Piston Aluminum Calipers w/45mm Stainless Pistons/Performance Pads/Mounting brackets/ Big Bite cross drilled rotors & Hardware.
- Calipers are constructed from 6061 T6 Billet Aluminum
- Assembled with stainless steel pistons & bleeder screws
- 25% more pad contact area than other calipers with this mount
- 20% thicker pads than other calipers with this mount
- Dual pad pin design with o rings to eliminate pad chatter
- Uses an off the shelf D43 pad available at any local parts store
- Race versions do not have dust seals.
- 100% Made in USA