Dart Heads rolled out their massive booth at PRI filled with street and race parts for all budgets, and for this segment, we are all about the Sportsman and Street products. Dart is best known in the industry for their high quality heads, blocks, and coatings. But race parts come at a higher cost, which is why a few years ago Dart released their budget line of parts called SHP.
The first parts introduced to the SHP line were small block Chevy and Ford blocks, though don’t think budget means it’s bad quality, all Dart’s parts are stemmed from their top shelf race parts in a budget-friendly package. Even Dart’s short blocks are assembled in house along side their Pro Stock engine campaign.
New to the SHP line is a cast A356-T6 aluminum small block Chevy cylinder head that is designed to work with most off the shelf components, so you won’t need to worry about acquiring costly custom components. These heads come in bare or assembled packages in 180cc or 200cc intake port volumes. Assembled heads come with a 2.02 intake and 1.60 exhaust valve with a 1.250 single spring standard.
Also new to the Ford market is Dart’s 200cc intake port small block Ford iron head. These heads are designed for serious 8.200 deck (302-type) motors, or perfectly suited for tall deck Windsor-based engines.
Made from premium cast iron and precision machined on our digital CNC machining centers, these heads are ready to go right out of the box. Intake runners are increased from stock size and feature streamlined valve guide bosses for improved air flow. The combustion chambers have been reshaped to improve combustion efficiency for increased power.
And as always, Dart continues to expand their SHP short blocks from small block Ford and Chevy, as well as big block Chevy.
Dart SHP Small Block Chevy Head Features:
• A356-T6 aluminum alloy
• Bolt on compatibility: Standard valve angle and spacing are retained to allow use of off the shelf pistons and valve train components
• Multi-angle intake seats and radiused exhaust seats dramatically increase air/fuel flow
• Hardened exhaust seats are compatible with unleaded gasoline
• Manganese bronze valve guides extend cylinder head life
• Machined for 1.250 or 1.437 diameter valve springs
• Straight spark plug configuration
• Premium cast iron for superior strength and integrity.
• Bolt on compatibility: Standard valve angle and standard spacing accommodates all stock accessories
• 180cc or 200cc intake ports
• Heart shaped chambers improve combustion efficiency
• Multi-angle intake seats and radiused exhaust seats improve flow efficiency
• Hardened exhaust seats are compatible with unleaded gas
• Exhaust flange uses the standard bolt pattern
• Manganese bronze valve guides ensure long term reliability.